In Local Trails, I want share to a few of my favourite local trails, footpaths and cycleways that are easily accessible from home, either on foot, by bicycle or by kick scooter, as well are looking at a few places of interest along the way.
- Dawn Patrol – a silly o’clock scoot on a local golf course.
- Full Moon Scoot – witching hour scoot by the light of the full moon.
- Home to the Sea – nice easy scoot to Musselburgh and back.
- Midnight Adventure – 10 miles of nocturnal local trails.
- Roslin to Shawfair – recently extended railway cycle route.
- Silly O’Clock – exploring footpaths and trails around the house.
- The Golf Course – an experimental night ride at a local golf course.
- The Kaims – short local exploration scoot on the Swifty Zero.
Future local trails
- Dalkeith Country Park – walking, cycling and scooting trails.
- Gore Glen – excellent riverside route to the village of Temple.
- Loanhead to Lasswade – sign-posted route to be explored.
- Musselburgh to Penicuik cycleway – disused railway line route.
- Newbattle Woods – mixed trails for kick scooter and bicycle.
- North Esk Cycle Route – great scoot right from the door step.
- Pencaitland Railway Path – 6.5 mile disused colliery rail route.
- River North Esk – from sea to source, an interesting journey.
- River South Esk – from sea to source, an interesting journey.
- The Cast – another named path that just needs to be explored.
Copyright ©2020 Gary Buckham. All rights reserved.